Saturday, November 1, 2008

All Hallows' Even


I know, my costume is so off from the Susie Q, 50s soda pop girl idea I was going for..but the skirt is kind of cute, no?



I wish I had a full body shot of Areli's costume. It was a black jumpsuit with gold sequins from top to bottom. Priceless.



My boyfriend is not really as into the whole costume thing as I am. He never had a costume growing up, can you believe that?! Haha I felt so lucky he put SOME effort into his Greaser costume that night.



Pre-partying. Haha some of us already are starting to get that cherry glow..



My sister spent her Halloween in Vegas at the Palazzo (lucky!), so I get to puppysit cute little Ripley for the weekend.



What a fabulous night of mischief! After too much deliberation and not enough sewing skills I ended up having to scramble for an easy costume I could make last minute. Luckily I was able to create some kind of mini-poodle skirt out of pink felt, velcro, and safety pins. It was way too hot for me to wear the cropped cardigan and pink felt scarf I had planned on wearing so I just stuck with a white ribbed tank instead and some silver and pearl beads I had found in my friend's car. The white keds also belonged to a friend of mine and were about a size too small for my monstrous feet--unfortunately my feet are punishing me today for my cruel uncomfort I put them through last night. I'm so glad I ended up finding the white laced socks for $1 at RiteAid; I'll defnitely be wearing them with other outfits outside of the 50s themed ensembles. Tonight, I believe I must scramble again for a costume..hm time to start googling for more simple costume ideas...

1 comment:

Phi said...

u have such cute costumes and ure so creative. the socks for $1 nice