Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer Makeup '10

Here's a quick rundown of my summer makeup routine:
1. Pop Beauty Face Magnet Primer: ($26) In the summertime my face is a complete oil slick. Primer is an absolute essential for me in order to keep the oilies at bay. During the fall and winter months I usually use a gel based primer, but in the spring and summer when its hotter I like to use a creamier primer that feels lighter on my skin. This one is really great and doesn't break me out (hallelujah!) it does a good job of keeping my skin matte for at least 6 hours a day and also prevents my foundation from running down my face.
2. Mac Blushcream in Posey: ($18) I LOVE LOVE cream blushes. They look dewey and fresh on my skin and are perfect when you want to wear a little bit of rouge on your cheeks to the beach. This color is pretty and light-- I even wear it on my lips sometimes and put it in my purse for touch-ups for lips and cheeks. SO GOOD. please try =)
3. Milani Secret Cover Concealer: ($4.99) I have this in 07-Natural Beige. A lot of people don't really like cream concealers but their my favorite things ever. The trick to using it and preventing it from looking cakey is to put a bit up moisturizer on your brush, and then swirl your blush into your concealer--it'll give you a nice smooth coverage while still having the pigmentation of your cream concealer. I use this color to banish my undereye circles (I don't really use concealers on my blemishes..too lazy I suppose) and it really brightens up that area to make me look awake and fresh.
4. Missha BB Cream: ($29) I have this in No.23-Natural Beige. If you find tinted moisturizers a bit oily for your skin--definitely try this foundation out! BB cream gives you the feel of a tinted moisturizer (I can't even feel this foundation on my skin!) but also gives you more coverage than your average tinted moisturizer. BB creams are supposedly good for your skin...not sure how, but I believe it because I have never broken out from using this product--even when sweating under the hot sun.
5. L'oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara--Waterproof : ($8.99) I think the main reason I like this mascara is because of the sleek packaging. It kind of looks like a bullet or something. This mascara really does add a ton of volume to my lashes and I really like that's it's waterproof so I can wear it all the time.
6. Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eyeliner: ($8.99) I have this in blackest black. I know some say it's a faux pas to wear loads of eyeliner in the summertime--especially black. But it's like my security blanket. I feel sad when it's not with me. This is great and easy to maneuver since it's in a pen form and doesn't have one of those wobbly brushes that are hard to smear the ink onto your lid with.
7. L'oreal HIP Jelly Balm: ($10) I have this in succulent. I really don't know if this product is discontinued or not. But its wonderful stuff for summertime! The gloss is in a cute glass pot that I love taking out and using. The pigmentation is actually pretty good in these things which is nice. Their a bit sticky but nothing I can't handle. Oh, and they smell like vanilla which is the tastiest thing ever.
8. CLEAN Shower Fresh Rollerball: ($20) Simple. Clean. Fresh. You get what you ask for. Amazing for summer--doesn't give you a headache from all the sugary floral smells of most perfumes that aggravate my allergies. Smells refreshing and is a universally flattering scent.

2 comments:

Phi said...

Revlon colorstay stuff is the best!

blogatka said...

Great post. And a great selection of cosmetics. Recently, I found the online shop Yves Rocher. Do you know this brand?